What a unique piece of mid century design this sofa is - our favourite to arrive at the Mustard Vintage workshop for quite a while (along with the matching armchairs, available separately).
Unfortunately we haven't been able to find the designer or manufacturer, so this sofa may well have been a commission piece for the original owner, or a very rare model that we can't identify. The quality is second to none, so either way it's a win, win in our opinion.
- Excellent restored condition
Featuring a unique shaped armrest and a storage cabinet to the right - which contains dividers for storing records (or maybe magazines?). Every aspect of this sofa has been well thought out and handcrafted, right down to the elegant turned spindles to the back (please take a look at the photos). The sofa is constructed entirely from solid teak, including the slats that support the cushions. This demonstrates the attention to detail that has gone into making this piece. It has clearly been handcrafted by someone talented and meticulous.
The sofa is in excellent restored condition:
- Transformed by our master upholsterer who has over 50 years experience in the industry.
- All internal foam and inners have been replaced.
- We have selected a gorgeous, clay coloured Boucle fabric for the upholstery, which compliments the teak beautifully.
- Button detailing has been added for a quality finish.
- Fully compliant with current domestic fire regulations.
Total Width: 154cm
Width of seating area: 100cm
Total Depth: 78cm
Depth of Seat: 53cm
Total Height: 89cm
Height to Seat: 41cm
*Please Note - This listing is for the sofa only - please see our seating section for the matching armchairs (available as single armchairs).
A very rare vintage sofa with built in storage, that would bring a touch of classic mid century style to any interior space. Plus, unlike buying new, it should prove to be a wise investment too, as the demand for quality mid century furniture continues to rise.